* Job Opening *
MenEngage Global Co-Coordinator & Networks Manager
Posted 25 November 2014
The MenEngage Global Secretariat seeks a full-time Co-Coordinator & Networks Manager to be based out of the Promundo-US office in Washington DC, USA.
MenEngage is a global alliance of NGOs and UN agencies working to engage men and boys in gender justice. MenEngage members work collectively and individually toward advancing gender equality, human rights and social justice to achieve a world in which all can enjoy healthy, fulfilling and equitable relationships and their full potential. The alliance is comprised of 32 country networks in Africa, Latin America, Asia, Caribbean, Europe and North America and hundreds of member NGOs. The alliance is led by a Steering Committee of NGOs and regional networks, and co-chaired by Sonke Gender Justice and Promundo-US. The Global Secretariat runs the daily operations of the network.
Global Oversight and Management
Together with the Co-Coordinator you:
- Provide overall guidance to the global network.
- Develop and manage annual operational plans, budgets and workplans.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic plans for MenEngage and fundraise for the alliance, further strengthening its structure as an independent and self-sustaining entity.
- Convene and document key MenEngage meetings, including Executive Committee, Steering Committee meetings, MenEngage global leadership meetings, annual key stakeholder meetings.
- Work closely with the co-chairs to coordinate all aspects of sub-awards and sub-contracts to MenEngage networks, including due diligence assessments, site visits, and verification of compliance with deliverables and financial reporting requirements.
- Contribute to sustain and strengthen relationships with women’s rights organizations, other social justice movements, key UN agencies and relevant international NGOs.
Networks Support and Strengthening
As Networks Manager you:
- Provide overall guidance to MenEngage’s regional and country-level networks, including strengthening the development of existing networks through regular communication and coordination, and assisting with the development of annual operational plans, budgets and workplans.
- Provide strategic input to support the establishment of new MenEngage country and regional networks.
- Support and supervise the development of training materials including toolkits, training curricula and institutional and training videos.
- Support MenEngage regional training initiatives and promote the exchange of approaches between regional networks.
- Develop and disseminate standards of good practice and ethical conduct of MenEngage member organizations. Including facilitating the implementation of Code of Conduct and Accountability standards and guidelines.
- Maintain and update a membership data base, ensure it is available to all members and includes information on the representation of women’s right groups, youths and LGBTI organizations within MenEngage.
Working together with the co-coordinator, you:
- Provide ongoing supervision to MenEngage Global Communications Manager and other MenEngage staff as needed.
- Build, support and drive the implementation of MenEngage’s global campaigns, including collaborating with UN partners and international NGO partners in these campaigns.
- Develop and coordinate global advocacy efforts, including those related to CSW, CPD, Beijing+20, paying close attention to developing advocacy capacity at the national level.
- Work closely with the rest of the Secretariat Team in achieving all MenEngage advocacy objectives, developing and disseminating publications and maintaining and developing the MenEngage communications activities, including the website.
Required & desired qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in a field relevant to gender equality and public health (required) and at least 10 years experience in program development, advocacy and fundraising;
- Ability to develop effective working relationships in multicultural environments;
- Experience working in a high-intensity atmosphere juggling multiple priorities;
- Excellent planning skills and creativity;
- Highly reliable, organised, proactive and capable of independent judgement;
- Excellent and diplomatic oral and written English (required) and a second language (French or Spanish desired) communication skills, with an eye for detail;
- Demonstrated experience managing coalitions and networks, particularly in the Global South, accommodating multiple priorities while taking decisions in a timely manner;
- Experience working with minimal supervision and delivering the utmost with a small staff team;
- Highly effective administration skills including budget management and fundraising.
Global South candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Based in Washington, DC, the position will involve at least 35% travel. The MenEngage co-coordinator will report to the co-chairs of the MenEngage Alliance and will be an employee of Promundo-US. Salary range is US$65,000-$78,000 annually depending on experience, with a full set of benefits (health insurance, 20 days of paid leave per year and retirement benefits provided, plus a relocation allowance as necessary).
Interested applicants should forward a letter of interest demonstrating how you meet the criteria for the position and a detailed CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating “Global Co-Coordinator and Networks Manager” and your name in the subject line.
Please indicate in cover letter if you are a US citizen and, if not, your current employment status in the US if any. Moving expenses and costs for obtaining a work visa in the US will be covered as necessary.
Applications are due on 21 December, 2014.
Telephonic or electronic inquiries will not be entertained. We regret that due to the large number of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about MenEngage see www.menengage.org