MenEngage Alliance welcomes “Expressions of Interest (EoI)” in co-organizing and hosting the 3rd MenEngage Global Symposium in 2019/2020.
Following the success of the first two MenEngage Global Symposia, and their important contributions to advancing the field of engaging men and boys in women’s rights, SRHR and gender justice, MenEngage Alliance is planning to organize a 3rd global gathering in 2019/2020. The event will serve to review the state of the field and current political realities, and aims to raise local and global awareness of gender transformative work with men and boys, to strengthen a collective agenda, inspire activism, and strengthen relationships within MenEngage Alliance and with the broader human rights and social justice field.
MenEngage Global Alliance will work closely with local hosts to organize and run the event. Hosts typically provide intellectual leadership to the conference by articulating the theme, organizing the format of the event, and constructing the conference program in collaboration with MenEngage Alliance, as well as identifying the location for the conference and managing all local arrangements. MenEngage Global Alliance supports the hosts by extending both technical and logistical support, including offering guidance on the finalization of the theme and overall format of the event, networking, joint fundraising and other hands-on support as required.
Expressions of interest to host the event must include brief descriptions of:
- The vision and themes for the event, and their significance in current political realities (including the opportunities and possible challenges) and the state of the field of men and masculinities.
- A tentative plan – including number of days, format of the program, and potential venue – for the event to create a space that fosters exchange, learning, critical reflection, networking and agenda-setting for participants coming from various cultures, including facilitating communication in a multi-linguistic environment.
- Who the applicant/s are and a motivation for why they would like to organize the event. As well as a description of the organizational and country/regional network’s capacities, as applicable, to organize and host the event.
- How the organizer/s intend to connect with, mobilize and build momentum among the MenEngage Alliance membership; and how the organizer/s intend to collaborate with and build the country and/or regional network/s in the region – including pre- and post-event.
- How the organizer/s plan to build strong partnerships with and ensure meaningful leadership and participation of women’s rights, LGBTIQA rights, feminist, racial justice, and other human rights and social justice organizations, groups and networks.
- A preliminary budget for the event.
- Existing funds and potential fundraising strategies, opportunities and capabilities of the applicant/s.
Any MenEngage Alliance member, or country/regional network, who wishes to host and organize the 3rd Global Symposium can submit an Expression of Interest. Expressions of interest should be emailed no later than 31 March 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be addressed to the Global Secretariat, MenEngage Alliance.
The Expression of Interest will be reviewed by a Committee and potential hosts will be invited to submit a more detailed proposal. Decisions about hosting the event are commonly made by the MenEngage Alliance Global Board. The plans as described in the application will be further developed together with the MenEngage Alliance Global Board and Global Secretariat in the implementation phase.
Questions about expressions of interest, hosting the conference, or the selection process should be directed to the Global Secretariat, MenEngage Alliance at email@example.com.
For more detailed information and guidance click here.