The MenEngage Alliance Global Secretariat seeks a part-time Finance & Operations Assistant to work in its Washington DC office.
About the Position
As the Finance & Operations Assistant, you will be responsible for a range of bookkeeping & office management responsibilities as well as providing support on finance and budget management. Coding and recording relevant financial transactions will be part of your daily responsibilities, and you will oversee the maintenance and reconciliation of bank accounts. You will also be responsible for maintaining ledgers and contributing to the regular financial reporting as well as budgeting/forecasting functions and audit related tasks. Furthermore, you will have HR related responsibilities including bi-weekly payroll, taxes, retirement plan and benefits administration, and onboarding procedures. You will assist with tracking and processing of contracts for consultants and sub-grants, and provide assistance with some general administrative and office management tasks.
Basic Finance Responsibilities (A/P and A/R), including:
- Review and prepare vendor invoices for data entry and payment.
- Analyze and reconcile employee expense reports and process for payment.
- Review and reconcile credit card statements and bank statements.
- Prepare and track organizational, program and project budgets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses.
- Maintain and organize correspondence with vendors, contractors, partners and donors.
- Coordination with payroll service, benefits administration & coordination of new hire orientation.
- Gathering and organizing receipts for reimbursement and audit.
- Tracking and processing of contracts for consultants and sub-grants.
- Management of time sheets and ongoing project staffing timesheet guidance.
- General office and staff administration and all necessary follow-up (registration, payroll, benefits, taxes, etc).
- Formulate and administer procedures and operating policies for area of responsibility.
Related tasks that can be assigned as needed:
- Basic IT troubleshooting and coordination with IT consultant.
- Assist in event planning and event logistics.
- Executive support, completing a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Global Secretariat team including managing an extremely active event calendar and coordinating & arranging complex and detailed travel plans.
- Other duties and assistance to team members, as assigned by the manager.
Click here for more information