Recruitment process for these positions is closed. Due to the large number of applications, we apologize for not being able to follow-up with all applicants on an individual basis.
The MenEngage Global Secretariat is recruiting for two job openings!
Are you passionate about women’s rights and gender equality? Do you believe that transforming gender norms around masculinities and engaging men and boys can make a valuable contribution to achieving gender justice for all? Are you a strategic thinker, pro-active, and creative? Then MenEngage Alliance may be looking for you – or someone you know.
Please share these calls for job applications widely!
Global ADVOCACY Coordinator
See the full job description and requirements here
You will be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing a comprehensive MenEngage Alliance Advocacy Strategy, building on interconnected advocacy efforts among MenEngage Alliance members and partners in the country, regional and global networks – including:
- Providing support to MenEngage Alliance members in their advocacy activities and strengthen members’ capacities to conduct advocacy;
- Developing advocacy briefs and statements and policy recommendations, targeting global-level policy making arenas and norm-setting frameworks;
- Conducting policy analysis and developing policy analysis tools to support MenEngage Alliance members and partners;
- Building strategic partnerships and supporting collective action with strategic partners in the women’s rights and gender justice field;
- Building strategic relationships with policy and decision makers at various institutions and agencies, including UN agencies, regional and global policy making agencies, inter-governmental bodies;
- Developing and implementing campaigns and other pathways to mobilize members and partners around a collective agenda and actions.
Global COMMUNICATIONS Coordinator
See the full job description and requirements here:
You will be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing a comprehensive MenEngage Knowledge Management and Communications Strategy – including:
- Coordinating and ensuring an effective flow of information among MenEngage Alliance members and partners in country, regional and global networks;
- Managing the MenEngage Alliance Community of Practice platform and leading the management and updating the Alliance’s website, including populating and disseminating news and resources;
- Managing a vibrant presence on MenEngage Global Alliance social media platforms, and amplify information and voices of our members;
- Authoring, editing, designing and coordinating various publications, including case-stories, event reports, news articles, blog-posts, etc.;
- Building strategic communications partnerships and developing content with MenEngage members, partners and key mainstream media;
- Coordinating the development and maintenance of online membership profiles, based on the updated database, and MenEngage listservs;
- Supervising communications contractors (designers, printers, translators, etc.);
- Ensuring the quality of all MenEngage Alliance internal and external communications.
Please send a one PDF document with a 1-page cover letter and a detailed CV to info[at]menengage.org with the subject “Application for COMMUNICATIONS or ADVOCACY Coordinator position”. Although it’s not a requirement, please specify whether or not you are authorized to work in the USA.
Applications will be considered as they are received. The deadline for submissions is 31 January 2017. Interviews will start in the course of January through skype/teleconference. Proposed starting date is as soon as possible.