* Job opening *
MenEngage is hiring a Global Communications Manager
MenEngage is a global network of NGOs and UN agencies working to engage men and boys in gender equality. MenEngage members work collectively and individually toward advancing gender equality, human rights and social justice to achieve a world in which all can enjoy healthy, fulfilling and equitable relationships and their full potential. The alliance is comprised of 32 country networks in Africa, Latin America, Asia, Caribbean, Europe and North America and hundreds of member NGOs. The alliance is led by a Steering Committee of NGOs and coordinated by Sonke Gender Justice and Promundo. The Global Secretariat runs the daily operations of the network.
The Global Secretariat is currently seeking a full-time Global Communications Manager to be based out of Promundo-US office in Washington DC, USA. You will report to the Global Coordinator.
You are responsible to:
- Coordinate the website, social media, and e-newsletters
- Write MenEngage materials (briefings, manuals, stories, articles)
- Coordinate relationships with other websites/blogs/the media
- Disclose information (events, resources, news) from and to the membership base
- Lay-out and design publications
- Manage the membership database
- Manage the listservs
- Supervise communications contractors (designers, printers, translators, and other vendors);
- Assist with advocacy efforts
Together with the other Global Secretariat staff you:
- Keep up-to-date of relevant news and publications related to international cooperation, gender equality, women’s rights and empowerment, and working with men and boys
- Support members’ capacity strengthening and their visibility
- Secure the quality of all MenEngage internal and external communications
- Contribute to the vision and organizational developments of MenEngage
- Co-author policy documents such as Strategic Plan, Annual Plan and Report
- Assist in event planning and manage event logistics
- Support documentation of internal activities and events
- Minimal undergraduate degree;
- Office experience;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and speaking skills in English;
- Ability to independently analyze and write articles on news & publications related to the key themes of the network;
- Ability to write for multiple audiences and platforms (blogs, press releases, annual reports, etc.);
- Experience with various CMS platforms (emphasis on WordPress) and with website content management;
- Proficiency/fluency in Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Photoshop);
- Experience with web-based communications and social media implementation and strategy (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
- International exposure;
- Hard worker, multi-tasker and quick learner;
- Honesty, reliability and flexibility.
Expertise in any of the following areas will be of benefit: gender equality, gender based violence, sexual and reproductive health and rights, peace and conflict, fatherhood, human rights. Fluency in Spanish, French or Portuguese is desirable.
- Salary: $38,000-42,000 per annum based on salary history and previous experience;
- Health and Dental Insurance;
- 403(b) retirement account with employer contribution;
- 20 days of vacation per year.
Proposed starting date: January 2015
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Communications Manager”.
Applications will be considered as they are received. The deadline for submission is November 14 2014. Interviews will be held in the course of November through skype.
Please indicate in your cover letter if you are a US citizen and, if not, your current employment status in the US.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.