MenEngage Network Mali
MenEngage Network Mali comprises of a range of NGOs that advocate around a number of key issues where gender directly affects the lives of women and men. The network was formed recently in 2016 and is hosted by the Global Institute for Women’s Empowerment (GIWE), and its focus areas are on gender-based violence prevention and response, sexual reproductive health and rights, children’s rights, women’s economic empowerment, women’s role in peace and security and women’s political leadership.
To engage men and boys on issues of gender justice, MenEngage Network Mali is currently running the following activities:
- Outreach and Advocacy
- Studies and Research
- Information and communication (Publishing, Radio and TV debates)
- Training and capacity building workshops, conferences and seminars
- Organizing Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Committees in Local Territories of Mali
- Promoting and developing some special programs :
- The CENTER FOR AFRICAN WOMEN’S ENTREPRENEURSHIP (CAWE)
- The CENTER FOR AFRICAN WOMEN’S POLITICAL LEADERSHIP (CAWPL)
- The CENTER FOR AFRICAN WOMEN’S EMPLOYMENT (CAWE)
- The OBSERVATORY OF VIOLENCE AGAINST AFRICAN WOMEN (OVAW).