MenEngage Global Alliance is looking for someone with a passion to work to advance gender equality, develop write-ups for articles and reports with a ‘men and masculinities’ lens on feminist issues to join our team as a part-time Communications and Copywriting Intern.
Under direct supervision and guidance of the Communications Coordinator, and with support from the rest of the team, you will support research and copywriting on a range of topics for publications and communications materials for the Alliance including; reports, newsletters, blogs, case studies, website content, and social media posts.
This is an exciting opportunity open to people from all backgrounds to develop skills and experience in critical political and activist work to advance women’s rights and gender equality by transforming masculinities and engaging boys and men.
About MenEngage Alliance
MenEngage Alliance is an international network of civil society organizations working to transform unequal power-relations and dismantle patriarchy through transforming masculinities and engaging men and boys to advance women’s rights and gender justice for all. The Alliance unites civil society organizations, activists, academics, and other stakeholders from more than 700 organizations across 72 countries, working together through country and regional networks.
The Alliance plays a pivotal role in shaping the discourse and agenda on transforming masculinities and engaging men and boys within the broader movement for women’s rights and gender justice, particularly in the areas of gender-based violence prevention, advancing sexual and reproductive health and rights for all, redistributing unpaid care-work, and advancing gender, peace and security. The Global Secretariat is a team of seven people who run the daily operations of the Alliance.
You will be supporting the MenEngage Global Alliance team to
- Undertake desk research, drawing on a range of resources on the topic of ‘men and masculinities’
- Generate write-ups and content for the Alliance’s newsletters, blogs, social media and other communications materials/channels
- Communicate and follow-up with the Alliance members for relevant information and contents for the communication materials, as guided by the team
- Populate the contents via communication channels and social media platforms of the Alliance
- Development of case stories/studies showcasing the promising examples and lesson learnt of the initiatives and programs of the Alliance members
- Finalize and edit the communication, documentation and write ups, working with the communications coordinator and program officer
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation
- Demonstrated abilities and skills to produce quality written content
- Demonstrated abilities and skills in researching and processing information from a broad range of sources
- Strong analytical skills related to social and political norms and structures will be an advantage
- Interest and understanding of feminism, women’s rights and, men and masculinities studies will be an advantage
- Education or work experience background in journalism, communications, gender studies or related fields will be an advantage
The internship is 20 hours per week maximum. A financial stipend will be provided. All applicants are expected to be able to work for at least three months, with a preference for those able to work longer. The intern will work on site in MenEngage Global Alliance’s workspace in Bristol, UK.
Please submit a motivation letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject ‘MenEngage Communications and Copywriting Intern’ as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.