MenEngage Burundi seeks to build strategic partnerships with government departments and individuals working with boys and men on the issues of HIV/AIDS, gender based violence (GBV) and sexual reproductive health and rights.
Membership of the country network includes community based organizations as well as national level NGOs. The Network has an established secretariat and a steering committee. The latter is responsible for the management of the Network.
Priorities for MenEngage Burundi include:
- Combatting Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV)
- Conducting fact-based research in order to document interventions, gaps and strategies
- Increasing awareness among men of their role in ending SGBV
- Promoting healthy reproductive practices
- Involving men and boys in anti HIV/AIDS programs