Posted May 15, 2015
The MenEngage Global Secretariat seeks a full-time Networks Manager. The Global Networks Manager is responsible for support to regional and national MenEngage networks around the world.
MenEngage is a global alliance of NGOs and UN agencies working to engage men and boys in gender justice. MenEngage members work collectively and individually toward advancing gender equality, human rights and social justice to achieve a world in which all can enjoy healthy, fulfilling and equitable relationships and their full potential. The alliance is comprised of 6 regional networks and 33 country networks in Africa, Latin America, Asia, Caribbean, Europe, MENA and North America and hundreds of member NGOs. The alliance is led by a Global Governance Board of NGOs and regional networks, and co-chaired by Sonke Gender Justice and Promundo-US. The Global Secretariat runs the daily operations of the network, and is based in the Promundo office in Washington DC.
- Provide overall guidance and strategic support to MenEngage’s regional and country-level networks, including strengthening the development of existing networks through regular communication and coordination, and assisting with the development of strategic annual operational plans, budgets and workplans.
- Coordinate all aspects of sub-awards and sub-contracts to MenEngage networks, including due diligence assessments, site visits, and verification of compliance with deliverables and financial reporting requirements.
- Support the establishment of new MenEngage country and regional networks.
- Facilitate partnership building between regional and national level networks, governments, UN agencies, women’s rights organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and disseminate standards of good practice and ethical conduct of MenEngage member organizations, including facilitating the implementation of Code of Conduct and Accountability standards and guidelines.
- Maintain and update the membership database, ensure it is available to all members and includes information on the representation of women’s right groups, youths and LGBTI organizations within MenEngage.
- Support and supervise the development of training materials including toolkits, training curricula and institutional and training videos to support network strengthening.
- Support all regions in strengthening fundraising, including by seeing to their visibility.
- Respond to daily requests from members from the regional and country-networks, and other members, disseminates these requests within the Global Secretariat and the network.
- Support MenEngage regional training initiatives and promote the exchange of approaches between regional networks.
Together with the other staff of the Global Secretariat:
- Represent the Alliance in public events and international fora with external stakeholders.
- Prepare annual and other reports to the membership, the Board and donors.
- Convene and document key MenEngage meetings, including Board meetings, MenEngage global leadership meetings, annual key stakeholder meetings.
- Build, support and drive the implementation of MenEngage’s global initiatives in the fields of gender-based violence (GBV), sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), fatherhood and caregiving (including the MenCare campaign), including collaborating with UN partners and international NGO partners in these campaigns.
Required and desired qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in a field relevant to gender equality (required) and at least 5 years experience in program development, advocacy and fundraising;
- Ability to develop effective working relationships in multicultural environments;
- Experience working in a high-intensity atmosphere juggling multiple priorities;
- Excellent planning skills, creativity and good judgement;
- Highly reliable, organised, proactive and capable of independent judgement;
- Excellent and diplomatic oral and written English (required) and a second language (French, Spanish or Arabic desired) communication skills, with an eye for detail;
- Demonstrated experience managing coalitions and networks, particularly in the “Global South,” accommodating multiple priorities while taking decisions in a timely manner;
- Experience working with minimal supervision and delivering the utmosts with a small staff team;
- Highly effective administration skills including budget management and fundraising.
Global South candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
The MenEngage Networks Manager reports to the MenEngage Global Coordinator, and will be an employee of Promundo-US, based out of the Washington DC office. The position will involve at least 35% travel. Salary range is USD $50,000-$60,000 annually depending on experience, with a full set of benefits (health insurance, 20 days of paid leave per year and retirement benefits provided, plus a relocation allowance as necessary)
Interested applicants should forward a letter of interest demonstrating how you meet the criteria for the position and a detailed CV to: email@example.com, clearly stating “Global Networks Manager” and your name in the subject line.
Please indicate in cover letter if you are a US citizen and, if not, your current employment status in the US if any. Moving expenses and costs for obtaining a work visa in the US will be covered as necessary.
Applications are due before Monday June 15, 2015.
Telephonic or electronic inquiries will not be entertained. We regret that due to the large number of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about MenEngage see www.menengage.org
Click here for a PDF of the job announcement: .Job description – MenEngage Global Networks Manager