MenEngage Ethiopia was formed in 2008. As part of the MenEngage Africa regional network, the country network believes in working as allies with existing women’s rights movements, engaging men from a positive perspective, human rights and gender transformative approaches as a means of achieving gender equality; building on evidence, collaboration and transparency and promoting existing UN mandates.
Priorities for MenEngage Ethiopia include:
- Engaging men and boys in stopping GBV, HIV and AIDS prevention, Family Planning and Sexual and Reproductive Health of women and girls.
- Developing joint promotional and advocacy campaigns to influence policy change.
- Supporting information exchange of tools, best practices, IEC materials and other publications.
- Working and collaborating with other networks including religious institutions, and networks of women’s groups.
- Promoting evidence-based strategies for working with men and boys, engaging in campaigns, holding meetings/workshops with government leaders, working to influence and educate the media, working with different target groups (youth and married men).
- Mobilising resources for in-country network building.