MenEngage Lesotho is a network of organisations and associations whose purpose is to engage men and boys in efforts geared towards the promotion and protection of the rights of women and girls.
The network intends to facilitate and intensify the involvement of men and boys in advocacy and social mobilisation activities with the ultimate goal of eradicating sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV). The network draws from healthy socio-cultural and medical practices to promote comprehensive solutions that encourage healthy sexual and reproductive health (SRH) practices that empower women and girls through the support of men and boys.
The objectives of the network are to:
- Engage men and boys in the fight against SGBV throughout the country
- Use mobile film to generate dialogue on issues of sexual and gender-based violence, HIV/AIDS, crime, alcoholism and drug abuse, poverty and hunger.
- Use community education methodologies on SGBV and SRH in rural Lesotho
- Engage ex-prisoners and survivors of SGBV in the fight against violence
- Create safe spaces for men and boys.
- Promote positive masculinities in all spheres of life
- Create awareness and dialogue on LGBTIQ rights
- Provide a support base for victims of SGBV
- Work with the government in all efforts to eradicate SGBV.