MenEngage Nepal was formed in 2007 following a regional MenEngage consultative meeting on ending violence against women. It is a network of people and organizations that are committed to play their part in achieving gender equality, ending gender-based violence and addressing masculinities.
Since its inception, its members have taken joint action against gender-based violence together with women and girls, including through the White Ribbon Campaign and 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence.
The network’s objectives include:
- Creating a critical mass of boys and men committed to gender equality
- Enhancing understanding of violence, patriarchy and masculinity
- Building capacity of various stakeholders
- Strengthening institutional linkages and networking among like minded organizations
- Increasing joint collaboration in conducting research on men and masculinities
- Facilitating policy dialogues
- Fostering knowledge and resource sharing