The objectives of MenEngage Zimbabwe are:
- To strengthen the men’s movement to redefine masculinities
- To promote the transformation of cultural institutions and practices
- To address patriarchy, gender-based violence and HIV/AIDS, particularly in rural areas.
- To promote students protection against HIV/AIDS through education on SRHR issues
- To promote gender equal relationships between boys and girls and protection from child-on-child abuse at schools and in home
The country network engages in joint activities including:
- Engaging men and boys to address issues of male violence against women
- Enhancing the capacity of traditional leaders and religious leaders in strengthening socio-cultural practices that promote gender equality
- Carrying out community sensitivity workshops, trainings and dialogues on positive masculinities, male violence against women, sexual reproductive and health rights and HIV.
- Working with young boys through schools programmes on ending violence in schools
- Advocacy programmes through media engagement
- Engaging, partnering and networking with women’s rights organisations that work on women’s empowerment and gender-based violence
- Engaging men to be involved in the prevention of mother to child transmissions of HIV
- Men’s indabas