Members of MenEngage Europe have been elected or re-elected to the region’s Steering Committee - the body that leads strategic direction and activities of the network.
The vote was part of the latest European membership meeting. Originally scheduled to take place in November 2020 in Berlin, the gathering was finally able to go ahead online via video calls from 8 to 10 February 2021.
Around 50 people from around 20 countries attended the meeting, which was aimed at creating opportunities for networking, sharing of experiences and promising practices, and shaping the strategic direction of the network.
A dedicated workshop on accountable practices in regard to Intersectionality, Decolonization and Inclusion as well as a panel discussion on the anti-feminist, populist backlash in Europe and online misogyny were key parts of the meeting agenda.
MenEngage Europe is pleased to announce the following individual and organizational members and their representatives as Steering Committee members for the next period:
- Asociación Masculinidades Beta, Spain (Miguel Lázaro)
- Association Roditeli, Bulgaria (David Kiuranov)
- Center for Research into Violence and Abuse at the Durham University, UK (Sandy Ruxton)
- Emancipator, the Netherlands (Jens van Tricht)
- Katrien van der Heyden, Belgium
- Men’s Development Network, Ireland (Sé Franklin)
- MÄN, Sweden (Anna Lindqvist)
- Nikki van der Gaag, UK
- Poika, Austria (Teresa Schweiger)
- Status M, Croatia (Leila Younis)
- Woman to Woman/Office for men and boys, Albania (Atila Uligay)
Steering Committee members for MenEngage Europe serve 2 years (or until the next MenEngage Europe Membership Meeting which will be held at the end of 2022).